General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

speedbug78
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Is this the right mirrior?

Post by speedbug78 »

Those are both good ideas! I don't have a stereo either, but I think an antenna that needs a key is super cool (ok I'm weird) ;)

Edit: Oh, and no I don't have the key
Cars:
'69 2000
'66 VW Baja
'97 F150
FED Project
FergO2k
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: Is this the right mirrior?

Post by FergO2k »

OK, so here is a "way outside the box" alternative idea. (collective groan from the peanut gallery, "Uh-oh, here he goes again."
One of the options I considered for re-positioning the mirror was to pull the wing window frame, replace the wing window with Lexan/acrylic, then it can be drilled for re-positioning of the mirror.
Other option is the 40's Ford hotrod style mirrors that screw onto wing window frame, only have to make sure you get the small ones. Someone gave me a set of 4" diameter, and they look ridiculously large on the roadster, out of scale.
If you want to try the acrylic, I have an extra set of them in the garage, and access to at least cutting if not the raw material as well, (and at a very healthy discounted rate = may even be free! (my second favorite 4-letter word that starts with F)
so I can cut you a set and you can play with it. (it is really not that hard to cut, just a fine tooth wood blade and back it up with plywood to prevent cracking)
Fergus O
69 2L, SUs (driver, not susceptible to polish)
02 Tacoma 4 door (sold at 300k miles!)
2017 Honda Ridgeline (2021 purchase)
Los Alamitos, CA