Its time!

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Darwin2000
Roadster Newby

Its time!

Post by Darwin2000 »

I bought my roadster back in the mid to late 80's (before it was an antique) I drove it steadily until the early 2000's got married, had kids and it has sat now for about 15 years. Last time I drove it, the rear end messed up alittle and the tire slipped up against the wheelwell (sleeve?) I was only going about 25mph and was not driving it hard when this occurred so I stuck him in the shop, and here it is a time warp of about 15 years.

My question is; Does anyone have a good referral for a solid, qualified mechanic who knows datsun 2000 roadsters in the seattle/tacoma area?
I'd prefer if possible a mechanic who is a previous or current owner or somebody who knows these cars rather than just take it to Nissan and hope for the best.

I know the calipers are frozen, I want to replace the rear drums as well (my aluminum drums are worn) Aluminum drums would be nice to have replaced with aluminum drums if possible though I don't expect it. It will need the rear-end work, and I want to do front end work like ball joints etc.
as well.
I want to get my car back into proper running condition -- also any suggestions with regard of what maybe to do since it sat so long -- should I replace all the hoses? What about the old gasoline in the tank? Anything else I should do?

I appreciate any recommendations!
steve_car
Roadster Fanatic

Re: Its time!

Post by steve_car »

What area do you live in?
There is lots of support in the Seattle/Tacoma area.
Steve
65 1500
62 L320
Darwin2000
Roadster Newby

Post by Darwin2000 »

I'm in the Auburn area. Willing to do some travel if needed. It needs to be towed the first time.
steve_car
Roadster Fanatic

Post by steve_car »

I also live in Auburn. I would be glad to take a look and we can figure out what happened.
There is a lot of support in this area.
I sent you a pm yesterday, but it has not been read.
Steve
65 1500
62 L320