Roll Bar Seat belt mounts.. needed suggestions/tips

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

zetec311
Roadster Fanatic

Roll Bar Seat belt mounts.. needed suggestions/tips

Post by zetec311 »

Hello,

I recently picked up a roll bar for my low windshield roadster. It fits pretty well, clearing the soft top. I wanted to weld some tabs for seatbelt mounting.. 3-point across the shoulder retracting type. So i guess welding tabs to each upright of the roll bar is the way to do it.

what size fasteners are normally used? the floor mounts have 7/16-20. should the shoulder mount be the same size hardware or is 3/8” enough? Have searched the 311 forum and read about well-o-thru or well o tabs something. Sounded like a very clean solution, much prettier than weld on tabs. But I wasnt able to find any that are pre threaded. I did find threaded rod ends at about $10 each. Any suggestions? (the roll bar dia is 1.75”, and the soon to be added harness bar is 1.25” dia.)

Thanks

BTW, searching for a used Leaf spring ubolt.. so i can have new ones made without removing my current ones. Would be happy to pick up and return when finished. (los angeles area) Should have asked during Solvang. Thanks again.
theunz
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Roll Bar Seat belt mounts.. needed suggestions/tips

Post by theunz »

When I did mine I mounted the inertia reel to the floor at the base of the roll bar vertical and then just drilled through both sides of the bar and used a nut,bolt, washers, and a bushing to mount the pivot point. Be sure to use the bushing, as that's what allows movement.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike M

Old enough to know better, too old to remember why!

1969 2000 solex mine since 1972, under resurrection. (Finally resurrected as of spring 2019!)
1969 Porsche 911s -worth more, but not as valuable! Gone!
2017 Lotus Evora 400 - Oh my!!
zetec311
Roadster Fanatic

Re: Roll Bar Seat belt mounts.. needed suggestions/tips

Post by zetec311 »

much better than finding those weld on things and no risk of weld failures. i like the simple approach