Motor Power INC New Ownership

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

JT68
Talented Enthusiast

Re: Motor Power INC New Ownership

Post by JT68 »

Suggest you use caution with this source if you are building a roadster engine. They may have sourced Nissan parts back in the day, but its cheap parts from China now. The lady I spoke to was very nice, but told me she had no idea where the parts were made and could not provide that info- said they came in unmarked boxes and she assumed China.

I ordered a set of lifters just to see what they were. The surface finish looked suspect, they were definitely not Nissan, so I Rockwell tested them - Rc11. Old Nissans were 49. Insult to injury, they were also dead flat- totally not OK. For anyone unsure what this amounts to, this the best way I can think of to wipe out a new cam. I'm not in the lifter biz, so it doesn't matter to me where you buy, but these new parts are really bad. Not even close to Nissan quality.

Got a chain too. India - junk. Sent it all back. Use caution.
LT/JT
https://www.datsunrestorationproducts.com/
Only the very BEST parts for your Datsun- 10000's of items in stock
New, Used and Reproduction!
cktrap
Roadsteraholic

Re: Motor Power INC New Ownership

Post by cktrap »

JT68 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:38 pm Suggest you use caution with this source if you are building a roadster engine. They may have sourced Nissan parts back in the day, but its cheap parts from China now. The lady I spoke to was very nice, but told me she had no idea where the parts were made and could not provide that info- said they came in unmarked boxes and she assumed China.

I ordered a set of lifters just to see what they were. The surface finish looked suspect, they were definitely not Nissan, so I Rockwell tested them - Rc11. Old Nissans were 49. Insult to injury, they were also dead flat- totally not OK. For anyone unsure what this amounts to, this the best way I can think of to wipe out a new cam. I'm not in the lifter biz, so it doesn't matter to me where you buy, but these new parts are really bad. Not even close to Nissan quality.

Got a chain too. India - junk. Sent it all back. Use caution.
Appreciate you looking out for all of us. You get what you pay for is what they say
Thanks
'70 SRL311
'10 GMC 2500HD