Rallye enterprises email!

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Ali_in_UK
Roadster Newby

Rallye enterprises email!

Post by Ali_in_UK »

Hi Guys,

I am located over the water in the UK and have been trying to contact Dann at Rallye Enterprises with a parts order for my Roadster 1600 I emailed them over a week ago using my hotmail but didn,t hear from them so I registered with Gmail and sent them an email using that one last Thursday still have nor heard back from them the email I used was rallye@datsunroadster.com does anyone know of another email address that they use but don,t publish on their website or any other form of communication!

Yours hoping

Ali
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Rallye enterprises email!

Post by S Allen »

My 2 cents --I have had very poor response from them for the last two months. I realize they were closed through the Holidays. I took my business else where.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Ali_in_UK
Roadster Newby

Post by Ali_in_UK »

Panic over Dann contacted me was trying to get quotes for shipping not cheap especially if you need a dash over (my roadster is a 1970 model).
Thanks for you reply Steve I say bring back the old fax machine!!

Ali
Fetch
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Fetch »

Ali, I have had a good communication with Dann over the past couple of years, ordered parts, received parts even at the first part of this month. The rallye@datsunroadster.com is the e-mail I have used. From the looks of it, his website may have been hacked.
Dann does ask for two e-mail addresses from customers because one may go into a junk directory.
Dann also has a phone number and set aside times to call, might be tough from the UK but, it is there.
rborison
Roadster Newby
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by rborison »

I placed an order with him weeks ago (via email). I've tried calling and emailing him - no response. Not sure if he's still in business.
S Allen
Site Admin
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by S Allen »

I do not have anything against Dann nor Rallye but my latest experience was not a good one. The first email early December Dann responded right away. A few days later on the 5th of December I put an order in for some tranny parts as well as a few other things I needed. I used their Rallye Order Blank for the order including quantities, parts numbers and prices and included my CC info which I was not that comfortable doing. I know I used the correct email address the first, second and third times. I never got an error message saying my email could not be delivered. No response at all so around the first of January I decided to try calling. I did not think I would get anyone but to my surprise his wife answered. She told me they would be closed until the 7th of January. I told her I found it a bit strange that I had not received a response to my order request from the 5th of December. I was not being irate just simply asking what was going on. She said they never got the order and asked me to send it again and she would call later that day. I resent the order and never did get a phone call back. Second week of January I got an email not from Dann telling me they were sorry for not responding sooner and that the tranny kit I wanted was no longer available in kit form but I could list the individual parts and they would fill it that way. Went to the website and started looking for the individual parts and discovered that the individual parts I needed were listed as only being available in the kit on the website. So, I email them back asking what I was suppose to do to get the parts. To this day I have never heard back. Maybe Dann is getting tired of selling roadster parts or something else is going on that is none of my business or I have been blacklisted. I gave up and went to Don Morrell Rising Sun whom came through for me straight away. Personally I am hesitant to try to buy anything from Rallye going forward. I have purchased from them in the past and always received excellent service. Not true any more. This is not a thread of shame but the facts as to what happened to me and my latest attempt to order through them. I was more than patient and followed their requirements for ordering. I only wish them well.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
68DSU
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by 68DSU »

I've been buying from Rallye off and on since the 80's. I think it is a two person show so there can be some delays. I find that there is often a quick question from Dann to confirm that I am ordering the correct part or to even give a bit of advice. I send an email and follow up with a phone call to give my CC info. I ordered an exhaust system in December to give to my wife for Christmas (yeah, right) and the whole thing went well. Maybe not the present part.
Rallye is on my short list of trusted parts suppliers. Little I do on the car is time sensitive these days so I don't notice a wait.
Rick
Constantly working on the Datsun whenever I get around to it.

1968 SPL 311
1987 Toyota MR2 T-top (don't hate, wife's car)
2014 Ford Mustang convertible
SPF 50
bakerjf
Site Supporter

Post by bakerjf »

I submitted an order yesterday via email. I will follow up here with my experience.
J. Baker
Lafayette, CA
'69 2000 (Solex)
bakerjf
Site Supporter

Post by bakerjf »

So... Havent heard “boo” from Dann since I placed my order. Sent a follow-up email last night asking about status, as well as offering more time to him if he needs it. I let him know that there is a lot of confusion right now as to whether he is even in business anymore.

Additionally, I stated next Friday as a drop-dead date for contacting me, and that he should consider my order cancelled if I don’t hear back from him by then.

Kind of a sad deal going on. I can’t imagine a scenario where either he or his wife would just put the business on ignore. How hard would it be to say they were “temporarily suspending operations while we deal with a private issue”? They could set up an out-of-Office email when people send in an order stating as much.

Hope all is ok with them both.
J. Baker
Lafayette, CA
'69 2000 (Solex)
greydog

Post by greydog »

I've seen many times where small businesses go "off line" for different reasons. Usually it's some sort of health related or family trouble....terrible things happen and sometimes just coping is all one can do. I know if my wife had a severe stroke or something equally awful, my job would be pretty low on my list of things to worry about.
Everyone needs to "do what they "have to do" to make their plans/lives work but Dann and Rallye have been a part of the roadster community for lots of years. Let's try to cut him as much slack as possible.

Dan
SPL311 aka Skooter. Sold. Now wasting away in the SF area.
1990 Nissan 300zx. Sold this one too.
2018 VW Tiguan
Gregs672000

Post by Gregs672000 »

Agreed. Anyone who has run their own business or know someone who has realizes it's no picnic. There are no sick days, paid vacation, etc, and if you don't work you don't get paid. My friend Steve just went through a time where his balance was so far off the could barely get out of bed, let alone work. He is now 6 weeks off from his expected schedule.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
nismou20
Roadsteraholic

Post by nismou20 »

I jumped in the same boat! One week since emailing about a part with follow up email just yesterday and no response at all.
2004 Chevy Tracker
2010 RAV4
1969 Datsun Roadster
2005 Lotus Elise
1995 Toyota Tercel (Poormans Corolla)
2001 Fleetwood Jamboree RV
datscarlin
Site Supporter

Post by datscarlin »

Further to what Greg and Dan suggested above, I'm very concerned for Dann & Cynthia. I've bought literally thousands of dollars of parts from them over the past year, via at least 10 separate orders, and they've always been outstanding in their customer service and parts delivery until this recent several weeks. Dann has been always very helpful and prompt via emails, and Cynthia on the phone has been delightful and super easy to work with. There is clearly something wrong or something has happened that has rocked their world or they wouldn't have "gone dark" in this manner. Let's all hope for the best for them and their family.

Don
Gregs672000

Post by Gregs672000 »

Amen, part of the foundation of saving Roadster parts in the world. Best wishes.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
datsun1500
Roadsteraholic

Post by datsun1500 »

I see a lot of "I emailed them" posts. Has anyone called to see if they answer?
I remember when no one wanted the 1500s......