Dyno Tuning of SRL 0520

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Pjackb
Roadsteraholic

Re: Dyno Tuning of SRL 0520

Post by Pjackb »

Will,
That's great and I've notice you been saying that a lot lately so why don't you go see Alvin and the boys at Zcar garage and put her on the dyno so we can quantify , it pull very well does not mean much to me anyway and since i'm planing my future "investments" I would be curious to know how and where the power band is like.
No disrespect but seat of the pants dyno is worth exactly that, seat of the pants :)
Last edited by Pjackb on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by Gregs672000 »

For sure Kurt, really great gains, especially considering no Jetting adjustments made! As you probably know, the cam is the brain of the engine and tells it where to make power. I only bring it up because of how different it was when I adjusted mine, which I believe was way off. I've since reinstalled the Isky grind I have and believe I've got it timed as best I can for a baseline pull but won't know until I can get the car suspension done and back on the road.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

Pjackb wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:48 pm Will,
That's great and I've notice you been saying that a lot lately so why don't you go see Alvin and the boys at Zcar garage and put her on the dyno so we can quantify , it pull very well does not mean much to me anyway and since i'm planing my future "investments" I would be curious to know how and where the power band is like.
No disrespect but seat of the pants dyno is worth exactly that, seat of the pants :)
Set me up with a truck and a trailer and I'd be all over it. Not all that comfortable driving it 100 miles each way knowing I've got a valve seat that may or may not drop at any time. If it drops on the dyno, I'm only out a piston, head, perhaps a block, but at least it can be pushed onto the trailer and hauled home. :roll: It could also be a very worn valve seat that has caused the valve to seat higher than it should (the adjuster is bottomed out to get 0.005" clearance cold. This becomes .008" hot. Its a temporary fix so I have a car to drive to and from work.)

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by Gregs672000 »

Will, very likely the seat is being pounded into the head. That's what led to last head rebuild, the bigger valves with smaller stems, etc. It's just a matter of time.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA