Fire damaged roadster in the Ventura area

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Re: Fire damaged roadster in the Ventura area

Post by SLOroadster »

GeoffM wrote:Really sad to see.
What's the third car? 3rd gen Camaro? 914? Alfa?
I count two roadsters and a Z. The car on the right is a roadster with no fenders or hood. You can tell by the front valence.

I feel bad for the owner, looks like they lost everything and their two roadsters. If we can find out who it is, perhaps the forum could help out getting him back in a driveable roadster. ( Deals on parts, a new car whatever.)

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
GeoffM
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by GeoffM »

SLOroadster wrote:
GeoffM wrote:Really sad to see.
What's the third car? 3rd gen Camaro? 914? Alfa?
I count two roadsters and a Z. The car on the right is a roadster with no fenders or hood. You can tell by the front valence.

I feel bad for the owner, looks like they lost everything and their two roadsters. If we can find out who it is, perhaps the forum could help out getting him back in a driveable roadster. ( Deals on parts, a new car whatever.)

Will
Oh I see it now. It's parked facing us.
I agree with the sentiment as well.
Geoff
1969 SPL-311
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Linda »

Stupid question, perhaps, is the Roadster body useable after a fire? It certainly stripped the paint, but does it weaken the metal? Can it be cleaned and painted?
Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by Gregs672000 »

Ugh. She's dead Jim.
So sorry to see this... can't imagine how I would feel.
We too had a horrible fire season in the PNW. The one that made me soooo mad was the incredibly stupid teenager who was lighting off fireworks in the woods and destroyed what some say was one of the most beautiful places on the planet... think it was in Oregon, but it was heart breaking and won't be seen again for another 100 years. It just amazes me how stupid people can be. The poor folks in CA... my thoughts are with you.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA