flashers and blinkers

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Lorna c
Site Supporter

flashers and blinkers

Post by Lorna c »

hello . does anyone know which ones which ? and there's a B and L on each one on the prongs . what do that mean and which wire goes ? I have green // green with white band // white // and lavender .. my blinkers went out a while back and I kinda messed with them until they worked . when I switch around the wires the hazords must be on ... oh and I put in interior lights with the car as ground and those are affected with which wire is where .. like sometimes they will work and if I switch up wires , they go off ... so .. shouldn't have gotten into this before a trip but I did .. can anyone help ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .
ct06033
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: flashers and blinkers

Post by ct06033 »

The flasher cans are interchangeable. A very common problem is a relay in the flasher switch which cuts the turn signal circuit when flashers are on goes bad. I run the Lavender? (should be blue) wire and the white wire on a flasher can to get the turn signals working but the hazard switch will be disabled. You can create a splice connector to split the blue wire between two flasher cans, one with the white wire and the other with the green and white stripe to get both turn and hazards working but do not use the turn signals when the hazards are on. i have not tried this but I assume something bad will happen.
2016 Audi TTS
2005 Honda S2000
1968 Datsun 1600
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

ct06033 wrote:The flasher cans are interchangeable. A very common problem is a relay in the flasher switch which cuts the turn signal circuit when flashers are on goes bad. I run the Lavender? (should be blue) wire and the white wire on a flasher can to get the turn signals working but the hazard switch will be disabled. You can create a splice connector to split the blue wire between two flasher cans, one with the white wire and the other with the green and white stripe to get both turn and hazards working but do not use the turn signals when the hazards are on. i have not tried this but I assume something bad will happen.
got it thank you . .. I remembered reading in a past post my fuse box was wrong but " I haven't messed with that" so I actually didn't know what to do until today and moved all the proper wires going to the fuse box and across connecting ones to exact as specks . not " yeA they're there .." kinds of what I looked out for before .. I've been through this electrical so many times there was nothing left then it hit me what I read and poof . all is well now . and that splice instructions is perfect until I can stop and get but I have put on the blinkers with hazards on.. no it was opposite . haha the way my wiring went anyway haha was if hazards were polled nothing happen . then put on blinkers and hazard lights came on blinking . pushed in on hazards switch blinkers normal. but I haven't done anything like that now,yet . so could be totally wrong .there were a few switched wires and the carrier is different on back connections and gaps on fuse box so it may still be wrong . go back one more time in the light . but blinkers are definitely out except I switched with hazards so they're out . if that's made sense. then I get a new one of those blinker fuse thing asap ..thanks much I think I finally stopped a few of my issues in this electrical with several wires all messed up at fuses .

Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

sorry . reread it after I posted it .. haha it's A bIT chOPpy and not very easy read . won't try to re explain it because Ill just butcher it too ..