anyone on Central coast

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Lorna c
Site Supporter

anyone on Central coast

Post by Lorna c »

hey . I'm hoping someone here close to me can come by sometime soon to go over the tune up process with me please . anyone who works on these cars themselves that wouldn't mind helping a woman learn their car better ? I'm using everyone i cans advise But, I'm totally self taught and I'm still not nailing the timing yet . I'm close but it's either drops too low after i test drive it or I'm doing something wrong . .. i absolutely don't know if what I'm understanding it correct or I'm way off .. and the next few weekends i Will be going to San Diego two weekends in a row so I'm hoping to get it nailed in finally . hopefully . so if any takers I'm a sponge wanting to learn please . thanks for reading ..
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: anyone on Central coast

Post by Linda »

Describe the problem here, likely it can be fixed.
After all that you have done I can't see you having problems with a basic tune up.....???
Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

idk what my problem is . it idles fine ,a bit chuggy . i can tell by the sound it's not all together yet . not all the way . sounds like a race car when it's at idle and you can feel it with that slight rocking that muscle cars did back in the day when it's at idle too . no big on either for me but it's off .haha oh boy did that just tell how good i am in that explanation ? haha i am going to check the carbs today with my snail to check if they got apart too . live taking off that air filter all the time .haha so that'll be my last shot at it being "on" if it needs to be adjusted .. but otherwise I'm back into the valves again to start over . ugh . a year now I've had it off and on but never on purpose and it i don't know the adjustments when i hit it . following the specks to the letter doesn't do it but i never know where i am when i get it .

Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

it's even closer but a bit high then when it drops it's a bit too low again . that was test drive #1, going out again to see what's what better . the carbs were just slightly off but that may be all it needed if a little bit can make a difference .
**But this is the game i play with it . it's always just this , just that , one more try , again and again forever . yep now I'll post every move i try "again" until someone gets so sick of it they'll drive here from Hawaii to shut me up .. hahaha and help meeeee so i know . ergh

Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

i thought muscle heads liked this stuff ? nobody works on their car and likes to "show u some tips" ? and talk roadster ing ?

Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

haha ok ok fine