Mothra SR20DE Swap in Florida

Here can put pictures and write-ups about your roadster or other vehicles.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

redroadster
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: SR20DE Swap in Florida

Post by redroadster »

Whats the insurance $$ with the sr20?
Datsun dealer tech 76 to 87
Mitsubishi tech 9 yrs
Volvo, Kia, Toyota too
6 month - Rolls Royce
ASE MASTER TECH 96. - 11
70 SPL 86 Z31 T , Sportster
Vinnyz
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Vinnyz »

Bigtaku wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:15 pm IMG_9018.JPGUpdate on my body work.
The front fenders just need a little more finishing touches and they will be done. Going to round off a little of the sides of the airdam fwd of the front fenders to match the area above.
Looking good there! I had something in mind not far from this but with seams still in place for the fender to valance join.
73' Datsun 240-Z turbo
70' Datsun SRL-311-1374-SR20det 6 speed
69' Datsun SRL-311-12334-Solex 44 w/B cam
07' BMW Z4 coupe-Daily
dynaguy
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by dynaguy »

redroadster wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:31 am Whats the insurance $$ with the sr20?
My sr20 car is insured through Haggarty for $30K, for about $350/year. FWIW Pat
Bigtaku
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Bigtaku »

Still need to insure my ride. I was going to wait a bit but I'm so close now that, what the heck! I will call Haggarty this week.
Michael Montez
Bigtaku
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Bigtaku »

I didn't read the Hagerty info close enough on this site. Now I'm screwed and they will not insure my car. I told them the truth and told them I would like to drive it when ever I felt like it. There web site sucks in dummies like me to do just that. They only like to insure cars that don't get driven much so be careful and don't do the same thing I did. Now it looks like state farm for me. I will have to get the car on the road before I can insure it. I will need to get a good appraisal and try to get an agreed price. It does look like I will be able to get this through state farm but it's going to be expensive.
Last edited by Bigtaku on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Montez
Bigtaku
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Bigtaku »

By the way, work is coming along nicely. The frame gets painted this week and as soon as the custom dash/center console is finished the car will be painted. This should be in the next few weeks as well.
Michael Montez
Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Post by Alvin »

Bigtaku wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:33 pm I didn't read the Hagerty info close enough on this site. Now I'm screwed and they will not insure my car. I told them the truth and told them I would like to drive it when ever I felt like it. There web site sucks in dummies like me to do just that. They only like to insure cars that don't get driven much so be careful and don't do the same thing I did. Now it looks like state farm for me. I will have to get the car on the road before I can insure it. I will need to get a good appraisal and try to get an agreed price. It does look like I will be able to get this through state farm but it's going to be expensive.
I actually did the opposite and switched to Hagerty after being with State Farm after about 16 years. Hagerty is the way to go(imho), if you have your primary vehicle (s) insured elsewhere. I like the Guaranteed Value. I went completely through their website, mileage set at 10,000 miles/yr.

I drive my roadster whenever I feel like it.

You are not a dummy. Skip the website and give them a call.
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
RCMike
Roadsteraholic

Post by RCMike »

I think it would be worth a phone call. They also have my Skyline, and I drive that when I feel the need to enjoy a drive. It is not a primary vehicle, but it is driven. You just need to have a daily driver and a locked place to park it..
Bigtaku
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Bigtaku »

RCMike wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:04 pm I think it would be worth a phone call. They also have my Skyline, and I drive that when I feel the need to enjoy a drive. It is not a primary vehicle, but it is driven. You just need to have a daily driver and a locked place to park it..
I have one other Nissan truck and my wife and I share it. Haggerty wants (insists) each driver in the household have their own car. My wife doesn't drive unless she really needs to. Plus I only have a two car garage so if I buy her own car, one of the three cars would need to be out in the Florida sun and humidity. not an option.
Last edited by Bigtaku on Sat May 19, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Michael Montez
Bigtaku
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Bigtaku »

anyone know what this plastic piece is on my wiper arm? I don't see them on the used ones for sale on Ebay. It looks like the plastic fits down inside the inner part of the threads.
IMG_9680.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael Montez
Bigtaku
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Bigtaku »

IMG_9739.JPG
As always things just take longer... What do you think? Things I will do for Air Conditioning... and a fancy stereo!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael Montez
Bigtaku
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Bigtaku »

Also have this going on, the firewall is getting cut to fit.
Michael Montez
Bigtaku
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Bigtaku »

Push button start will replace the key so I am having a new sleeve made to cover the steering column. the button will be on the dash. hands free phone microphone will be built into the dash. top of the line stereo with no glare screen.
Michael Montez
pebbles

Post by pebbles »

Bigtaku wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:56 pm anyone know what this plastic piece is on my wiper arm? I don't see them on the used ones for sale on Ebay. It looks like the plastic fits down inside the inner part of the threads.IMG_9680.JPG
Dust cap. Keeps out the big chunks. Not sure, but I dont think it slips in. More of a cover to reduce element intrusion.
David

"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."
pebbles

Post by pebbles »

Bigtaku wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:27 pm IMG_9739.JPGAs always things just take longer... What do you think? Things I will do for Air Conditioning... and a fancy stereo!
Looks expensive!!!
David

"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."