What did you do TO or FOR your Datsun today?(Roadsters only)

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

car_cursed
Roadster Fanatic

Re: What did you do TO or FOR your Datsun today?(Roadsters only)

Post by car_cursed »

The annual winter parts collection.

Windshield

New shocks

Also waiting to be picked up at Fedex are the windshield rubber kit, rear diff gasket and the shock mounts.
64 3 seater 1500
72 Vespa small frame 90
58 VW Ragtop Bug
nismou20
Roadsteraholic

Post by nismou20 »

I finallized my rebuild and rejetted the SUs today and happy to announce that the car is a hoot to drive. Thanks to all that have contributed along the way. U20 60 thou overbore and basically stock with ARP headbolts. I may reinstall a A+B Rebello Cam later on but this feels pretty good right now! Drives effortlessly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2004 Chevy Tracker
2010 RAV4
1969 Datsun Roadster
2005 Lotus Elise
1995 Toyota Tercel (Poormans Corolla)
2001 Fleetwood Jamboree RV
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Linda »

Nice job Tom! See you at Solvang
Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
spags1986
Roadster Fanatic

Post by spags1986 »

Got new tires on the 66 to get ready for Solvang.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1967.5 2000 (In Frame off restoration)
1966 1600
1969 2000
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

hood finally straight and primed.
now front finders turn . .
flipped out to non smog distributor (again) ordering some springs next asap . hope I like it this time.
paint color came in so got fresh sandpaper for tomorrow And . got an orbital air compressor sander thing . it's cool. prep that car in one day now . Haha. . yessss . I get way tooooo excited over power tools . it's my gift to myself all the time . . as much as I paint this car , good investment. :lol:
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .
guyatou
Roadster Fanatic

Post by guyatou »

I bought TWO more Roadsters today and a stash of NOS parts. The red one is about 90 percent complete after a full frame-off restoration. The silver one is so stock that it still has the smog equipment installed. I plan to finish the repairs on both cars and list them for sale at some point -- because I already have two other Roadsters. (But not before I get to drive this red one a bit!)

In the coming days, I'll be doing a LOT of work on these beauties, and getting my car ready for a 3000-mile road trip in May. Busy busy!

Michael D.
Oklahoma City
1968 SRL-311
1930 Model A Ford
insta: @downesphoto
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

So the silver one is a '70, what's the red one? They both look amazing, were they local finds?
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
guyatou
Roadster Fanatic

Post by guyatou »

Yup! Both here in OKC. A local banker had them -- his original plan was to have a Concours-level 67.5, 68, 69 and 70. He lost interest in the project some years ago. The red one is a 68, but had some weird non-roadster maker lights. I have a set of NOS 69 teardrop lights that I might put on there -- I hate to have to fill the holes and repaint the car. It was frame-off painted about 10-15 years ago, and hasn't been driven since. Both are probably nicer than my car (maybe not mechanically, but cosmetically), but I have an emotional attachment to mine and am likely to keep it over these new ones.
Michael D.
Oklahoma City
1968 SRL-311
1930 Model A Ford
theunz
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by theunz »

Nice find Michael, local even! I'm assuming that's the bankers garage unless you've moved. I see a BMW 2002 hiding in the background, someone has good taste in cars. I had 3 2002s way back when, including 2 tii's, they kept me entertained while the Datsun waited to be rejuvenated. Sounds like your planning another Colorado trip? I've been kicking around the idea of organizing a small 2 day meet and drive this fall for Roadster owners in middle America. I'd call it MADOG- Mid America Datsun Owners Gathering, Roadster Division. Maybe get some shirts and stickers made up.
image.jpeg
Mike M

Old enough to know better, too old to remember why!

1969 2000 solex mine since 1972, under resurrection. (Finally resurrected as of spring 2019!)
1969 Porsche 911s -worth more, but not as valuable! Gone!
2017 Lotus Evora 400 - Oh my!!
guyatou
Roadster Fanatic

Post by guyatou »

That's awesome, Mike! We do need a Roadster group for this area. Even if we are all 100 miles apart. And yes, there's a tii and a regular 2002 in that shop too, but owned by a different guy. Long term, I'm trying to buy those as well. HAHA! (I did pick up a 2002 last year that I plan to restore and sell, but it's not a tii.) The Colorado trip is a given every year for me. I go with my British car buddies (because there's not a classic Japanese group here in the city).
Michael D.
Oklahoma City
1968 SRL-311
1930 Model A Ford
PMG
Roadster Nut

Post by PMG »

Wow, congratulations!
cktrap
Roadsteraholic

Post by cktrap »

theunz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:18 am Nice find Michael, local even! I'm assuming that's the bankers garage unless you've moved. I see a BMW 2002 hiding in the background, someone has good taste in cars. I had 3 2002s way back when, including 2 tii's, they kept me entertained while the Datsun waited to be rejuvenated. Sounds like your planning another Colorado trip? I've been kicking around the idea of organizing a small 2 day meet and drive this fall for Roadster owners in middle America. I'd call it MADOG- Mid America Datsun Owners Gathering, Roadster Division. Maybe get some shirts and stickers made up.
image.jpeg
Keep me posted on this event. I can always bring the smoker, too
'70 SRL311
'10 GMC 2500HD
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

ready for color .finally stepping forward.
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .
Pjackb
Roadsteraholic

Post by Pjackb »

nismou20 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:56 pm I finallized my rebuild and rejetted the SUs today and happy to announce that the car is a hoot to drive. Thanks to all that have contributed along the way. U20 60 thou overbore and basically stock with ARP headbolts. I may reinstall a A+B Rebello Cam later on but this feels pretty good right now! Drives effortlessly.
Interesting air box
nismou20
Roadsteraholic

Post by nismou20 »

That’s a mud pan for drywall that I’ve fit to the carbs with cone filter. Will be mounting a pair of air horns within later when I build a another one from the stainless pans they offer. Just having fun!
2004 Chevy Tracker
2010 RAV4
1969 Datsun Roadster
2005 Lotus Elise
1995 Toyota Tercel (Poormans Corolla)
2001 Fleetwood Jamboree RV