What did you do TO or FOR your Datsun today?(Roadsters only)

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

pebbles
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: What did you do TO or FOR your Datsun today?(Roadsters only)

Post by pebbles »

Removed the brakelight switch. Plunger was plunged. Being aluminum, i thought mabe the end was mushroomed. Sanded a few .001s off of the end, and sprayed some maf cleaner in it. Backed the jamnut off a few threads and tapped the switch on the jamnut. Plunger popped out! Tested it. Good! Next step; check power to the switch.
License light and backup light next.
David

"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."
John B
Roadster Newby

Post by John B »

Installed a new electronic ignition distributor, coil, cap, rotor, and wires from East Coast Roadsters.
It had the old Smog distributor that was supposed to go from zero to 35 degrees advance, but actually didn't.
The new EI distributor has pre-smog advance weights that only advance the timing 15 degrees so static timing is set at 20 BTDC instead of 0 BTDC. The engine runs more advance in the mid-range and also has more spark power everywhere. The car fired right up and ran noticeably stronger in mid-range and also at high rpm. It revs up quicker and is more fun to drive. I have no affiliation but want to pass along how satisfied I am with this. It's a nice kit, reasonably priced, and with very clear instructions. Thumbs up!!

http://eastcoastroadster.com/
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

Thanks for the endorsement John!
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

C.Costine wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:22 pm
Lorna c wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:49 pm Set up rollbar after sanding rust and painting to keep rust away . Wrapped up soft .
Ordered 1mm ball bearings for distributor advance plate thing . The teeny tiny ones that I have zero of.. haha now I'll have #150 of them ..I guess I can loose a few now ..haha anyoy need some ?
I need some. They dropped when I took it apart and I found more on the floor than I was supposed to have.
1mm was a bit small .. haha can fit 6 in there .. I'm reordering some 3mm unless anyone knows the bearing size that's stock or fits there .. I put solder on the rough edges to keep smooth untill I get this right .. wow 1mm is small small .. haha so going to be a bit longer to get more .. anyway , #150 never looked smaller too .. had to count them to believe it ..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

Thinking more 2mm- 2-1/2 mm now I zoom on it and really look ..

pebbles

Post by pebbles »

Brakelights!
833DB1B3-EEF7-4D31-9648-87447A52CFD8.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David

"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."
C.Costine
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by C.Costine »

Lorna c wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:08 am
C.Costine wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:22 pm
Lorna c wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:49 pm Set up rollbar after sanding rust and painting to keep rust away . Wrapped up soft .
Ordered 1mm ball bearings for distributor advance plate thing . The teeny tiny ones that I have zero of.. haha now I'll have #150 of them ..I guess I can loose a few now ..haha anyoy need some ?
I need some. They dropped when I took it apart and I found more on the floor than I was supposed to have.
1mm was a bit small .. haha can fit 6 in there .. I'm reordering some 3mm unless anyone knows the bearing size that's stock or fits there .. I put solder on the rough edges to keep smooth untill I get this right .. wow 1mm is small small .. haha so going to be a bit longer to get more .. anyway , #150 never looked smaller too .. had to count them to believe it ..
Yes, that ball looks a little small in that depression. Please keep me posted.
located in Chester NH
1967 1600 in restoration
2013 Arctic Cat F-1100 turbo
Ford F-350 6.0
Ford 9000 puller, Ford 960 puller, Ford 901show, Ford 971 worker, Oliver 70 waiting its turn
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

I will .. got 2mm .2-1/2mm and 3mm on the way .. hopefully it'll be one of those ..haha

pebbles

Post by pebbles »

Initially I thought the fwd outbd bolt c/t the floor and the parkbrake quadrant was sheared. Poked a drill bit in the hole and it went through. So II backed off the adjuster nut and removed all the nuts that were stacked up. Loosened the quadrant and got a bolt run in the open hole. Wire brushed the adjuster threads and ran the adjuster nut on. Lubed all the pivot points.
Changed the trans and diff fluids.
B895EFB7-C0D3-469A-B4E9-EA57D7486935.jpeg
David

Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Linda »

Got the transmission oil changed to a 50/50 mix of Stalube GL4 and Redline MT90 GL4 so will be interesting to see how it works and also if it leaks. I know many stated that the Redline leaked when they changed to it.
My transmission is good, and I am trying to keep it that way.
Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
Curtis
Site Supporter
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by Curtis »

I just found out something while finishing up a 67 2000 dash harness. As I was putting on the ignition switch wire terminals it made me think about if you could put plug on instead of using the 3 separate wires.

I looked at the switch and I notice there is a terminal pin with an A on it but no connector. It turns out the switch has an accessory pin that works as you turn the switch back to the garage position. But it has no stop built in and no spade so I'm guessing they used the switch for other cars as well.

And you can use a plug like the later cars.
66 stroker, almost done.
67 basket case, paint coming soon.
pebbles

Post by pebbles »

Removed the front bumper in an attempt to execute better fitment. Almost prefer the look without...
Rustled up a couple of foglight plugs. Chips off the layers of paint, sanded and polished.
7C3400BC-1943-4946-8E21-EF85656A855A.jpeg
David

spyder
Model: 2000

Post by spyder »

pebbles wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:21 am Removed the front bumper in an attempt to execute better fitment. Almost prefer the look without...
Rustled up a couple of foglight plugs. Chips off the layers of paint, sanded and polished.
7C3400BC-1943-4946-8E21-EF85656A855A.jpeg
I agree!

RBMann
Roadsteraholic

Post by RBMann »

pebbles wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:21 pm Initially I thought the fwd outbd bolt c/t the floor and the parkbrake quadrant was sheared. Poked a drill bit in the hole and it went through. So II backed off the adjuster nut and removed all the nuts that were stacked up. Loosened the quadrant and got a bolt run in the open hole. Wire brushed the adjuster threads and ran the adjuster nut on. Lubed all the pivot points.
Changed the trans and diff fluids.
B895EFB7-C0D3-469A-B4E9-EA57D7486935.jpeg
Is that Boeshield T-9?
RBMann

mechanic on '69-1600(not mine)
pebbles

Post by pebbles »

Bel ray
David