What did you do TO or FOR your Datsun today?(Roadsters only)

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Lorna c
Site Supporter

Re: What did you do TO or FOR your Datsun today?(Roadsters only)

Post by Lorna c »

shawnj82 wrote:Its not fancy, but I've been VERY busy this week and had to finish this little project before Saturday morning... A Retro-sound radio!

There's work to do for sure, like get the knobs to set back where they belong. Overall I'm happy with the project, but the single speaker in the open box sounds like (from a audio-snob point of view) crap. Its a lot better than the non-working radio, or some I've heard in other older cars, but just doesn't do it for me. I will be adding a small sub in the trunk and a couple speakers behind the seat pretty soon.

how did you get the speaker box off ?
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

cleaned overspray off chrome and started spiffing chrome up . blew the doors off a Miata on the freeway today..why do they even try?? .haha .. oh and ran a red light almost hitting a cop car .. well not almost but if I had sped up I would have hit him . . and Didn't get a ticket ! finnished up my lighting and electrical .finally . still waiting in license plate ! ergh . . and got started on fresh new grounds for everything that goes onto the frame getting fresh wires and spots sanded to bare metal to hook to .

shawnj82
Site Supporter

Post by shawnj82 »

Lorna -
There's just 2 bolts that run through the firewall holding it on. Spray them first though, they're easy to break off.
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

shawnj82 wrote:Lorna -
There's just 2 bolts that run through the firewall holding it on. Spray them first though, they're easy to break off.
like unscrew from in the cab ? I can't get to the right one it seems . . I haven't been up in there in a couple months but I have the left screw /bolt off and that's it .. I've been stuck for some reason .. I'll get in there again and see why I can't get to the one in the right ... thanks for the tip ..

Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

I put new fresh grounds on all that attach to the car . Boy glad I did that .. went to DMV and surprise surprise ,the first time I go check on them , they're in ! my NeW cOstuM PlaTes wErE iN ! whOoHoO definitely loving them . hey why do they turn green with flash ? reflective stuff or do headlights do that to it too , to read easier at night maybe. or not . hey did you see my plates ! :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shawnj82
Site Supporter

Post by shawnj82 »

Lorna c wrote:
like unscrew from in the cab ? I can't get to the right one it seems . . I haven't been up in there in a couple months but I have the left screw /bolt off and that's it .. I've been stuck for some reason .. I'll get in there again and see why I can't get to the one in the right ... thanks for the tip ..
No, remove them from the engine bay. I think you're looking at where the back mount screws onto the box (I went there first too). That mounting plate screws onto the box with 2 screws on each side, you can't get to the right-side ones. From the engine side just take two nuts off and the whole assembly comes off, with the back mounting plate attached.

Shawn
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

shawnj82 wrote:
Lorna c wrote:
No, remove them from the engine bay. I think you're looking at where the back mount screws onto the box (I went there first too). That mounting plate screws onto the box with 2 screws on each side, you can't get to the right-side ones. From the engine side just take two nuts off and the whole assembly comes off, with the back mounting plate attached.

Shawn
oh thank God . I couldn't get to that one !! thank you so much !!

Mainer311
Roadsteraholic

Post by Mainer311 »

I, uh, bought my roadster a new friend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jordan
1968 SPL311-21773. Needs paint and some upholstery.
2012 Xterra Pro-4X, 4" lift on 34's, UCA's, pre-runner bumper. Member of the New England Xterra Off-road club.
1971 PL521, Dragon green. Stock L16 w/ 4 speed, lowered 3".
dustybarn
Roadster Newby

Post by dustybarn »

Installed new front shocks (the ones that were on the car may have been the originals and it was a bit.....boingy in the front. And then installed a set of Eagle Eye driving lights, controlled by the stock foglight switch (with a relay, of course).
'67 1600
Curtis
Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by Curtis »

dustybarn wrote:Installed new front shocks (the ones that were on the car may have been the originals and it was a bit.....boingy in the front. And then installed a set of Eagle Eye driving lights, controlled by the stock foglight switch (with a relay, of course).
The relay is a good idea. The original wire is pretty puny. I make the new harnesses with 14g to the firewall and 16g in the engine compartment. Both are heavier than the original.
66 stroker, almost done.
67 basket case, paint coming soon.
goldbug
Roadster Fanatic

Post by goldbug »

Today: Dropped the body off at the dipper to have it chemically stripped.

In retrospect, wish I had taken photos of it as it was taken into the facility.
1969 SRL311 (resto project)
2013 Golf R (hers)
2014 Corvette
2015 SS (daily, Holden-mode)
Solex68
Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Solex68 »

Mainer311 wrote:I, uh, bought my roadster a new friend.
Very very cool.
Greg a.k.a SOLEX68 - http://www.datsunvents.com/
Laguna Hills, CA
68 2000
Always willing to help another Datsun Roadster owner
Pending installs: SS brake lines, Stan Stealth Dizzy
Jujuman
Site Supporter

Post by Jujuman »

dustybarn wrote:Installed new front shocks (the ones that were on the car may have been the originals and it was a bit.....boingy in the front. And then installed a set of Eagle Eye driving lights, controlled by the stock foglight switch (with a relay, of course).
i got a set as well. very bright.
Jujuman
67.5 SPL-311-13263
67.5 SPL-311-12442 no motor
69 SRL-311 2L/solex rust bucket.
2007 Expedition EL
Fayetteville NC
Jujuman
Site Supporter

Post by Jujuman »

Very busy week.
mounted the original air cleaner to stop the oil leak out of the bottom.
the Spectra hpr0351 filter does NOT fit. diameter is too big. used the original paper element
mounted the refurbed fuse box with the help of the wire diagrams. will replace with SS screws when they come in.
found the culprit of my tail light gremlin. thought it was the blinker can i replaced with "keep it clean FF552nlf no load fixed flasher" but it was a PO sin of shorting tail light rigging, and faulty grounding. So it was off to the parts car. and removed tail light pigtails and replace. will need to replace some butt connectors and their casing. but i have a few days of work till i have free time.

Also removed the S4 PH44 solex carbs from the parts car. long refurb ahead for them. the chalk in the #1 intake is impressive. car has sat at least since 2010 if not 2000. but that is what a parts car does.
Jujuman
67.5 SPL-311-13263
2007 Expedition EL
Fayetteville NC
Jujuman
Site Supporter

Post by Jujuman »

Jujuman wrote:Very busy week.
mounted the original air cleaner to stop the oil leak out of the bottom.
the Spectra hpr0351 filter does NOT fit. diameter is too big. used the original paper element
mounted the refurbed fuse box with the help of the wire diagrams. will replace with SS screws when they come in.
found the culprit of my tail light gremlin. thought it was the blinker can i replaced with "keep it clean FF552nlf no load fixed flasher" but it was a PO sin of shorting tail light rigging, and faulty grounding. So it was off to the parts car. and removed tail light pigtails and replace. will need to replace some butt connectors and their casing. but i have a few days of work till i have free time.

Also removed the S4 PH44 solex carbs from the parts car. long refurb ahead for them. the chalk in the #1 intake is impressive. car has sat at least since 2010 if not 2000. but that is what a parts car does.

Everyone likes photos, here you go.
Jujuman
67.5 SPL-311-13263
2007 Expedition EL
Fayetteville NC