General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

theunz
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Solvang results

Post by theunz »

Seems to be a well guarded secret I guess! Every year I look to see the winners of the different classes but nope never seems to happen! Come on now guys, I have to think that almost all of the entrants at Solvang at least read this forum. Surely someone can post results for those of us that live to far away to attend. How hard could it be for the organizers to at least give a list of the trophy (1st-3rd) winners to someone who could post them here? These guys have done a huge amount of work and most likely spent a substantial amount of money and deserve to be acknowledged.
Mike M

Old enough to know better, too old to remember why!

1969 2000 solex mine since 1972, under resurrection. (Finally resurrected as of spring 2019!)
1969 Porsche 911s -worth more, but not as valuable! Gone!
2017 Lotus Evora 400 - Oh my!!
david premo
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Solvang results

Post by david premo »

I agree Mike no photos or who won or anything. Very strange, did Solvang really happen this year?
Dave
Florida Roadster
Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by Florida Roadster »

I saw some results on the FaceSnapChatBookGram but you are right, this should be the first place that they post to!
-Jeff-
1967.5 SPL311 Datsun Roadster 1600/2000 (Full Restoration Project)
1970 Triumph GT6+ (Full Restoration Project. Waiting up on the shelf.)
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

theunz wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:05 am Seems to be a well guarded secret I guess! Every year I look to see the winners of the different classes but nope never seems to happen!
Winners are usually listed on the website for example 2023 winners below:
https://solvangroadstershow.wordpress.c ... ticipants/
theunz wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:05 am Surely someone can post results for those of us that live to far away to attend. How hard could it be for the organizers to at least give a list of the trophy (1st-3rd) winners to someone who could post them here?
Give it a week, people will post photos and reports soon!
Kevin Desirello of KRD won Best in Show
theunz wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:05 am These guys have done a huge amount of work and most likely spent a substantial amount of money and deserve to be acknowledged.
I agree, Harlan and co. continue to put on a great show. The team definitely deserves acknowledgment!
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
Solex68
Site Supporter

Post by Solex68 »

Unfortunately, my time at the DatsunVents booth kept me from fully experiencing the cars and the show.

It seemed like there was less foot traffic than usual, with fewer buyers, and some of my friends who I expected to participate didn't come, possibly due to the high hotel costs.

While I'm still planning on attending next year, I'll definitely be adjusting how I allocate my time and money.

Despite this, I had the pleasure of meeting some wonderful people, including two Japanese gentlemen, Ohtaka and Manabu, who each had impressive collections of 2000 roadsters. While Manabu was more proficient in English, I utilized Google Translate to communicate with both of them, which I believe enhanced the conversation. They were both exceptionally friendly and represented their club, the SP/SR Owner's Club, from Japan admirably.

I believe DougMcD took quite a few photos and Ray Lim posted them on Facebook (which I don't really partake in much). Hopefully more to come.
Greg a.k.a SOLEX68 - http://www.datsunvents.com/
Laguna Hills, CA
68 2000
Always willing to help another Datsun Roadster owner
Pending installs: All steering components, Stan Stealth Dizzy
harlankatz01
Roadster Nut

Post by harlankatz01 »

Here are the results. They will be posted on the website later today. Photos will be posted next week.
(1)1500 Pre 63
1st Bruce Hoel 2nd Jeff Silvey

(3) JDM
1st Jeff Silvey 2nd Pedro Medina 3rd Christian Torchia

(4) Diamond In the Rough
1st Ronnie Lim 2nd Derek Russell 3rd Marlene Hernandez

(5)Low windshield 1600
1st place Frank Lew 2nd place Alvin Richards 3rd place Claude Willner

(6)Low 2000
1st Ray Lim 2nd place Cole Hastings 3rd Place Cody Duong

(7) High 1600
1st Michael Berger 2nd Matt Lowe, 3rd Daniel Schwartz

(8) High 2000
1st Doug McDonough, 2nd Eric Hanson, 3rd Brad Sloan

(9) Modified
1st Shannon Daugherty, 2nd Michael Montez, 3rd Dale Halvorson

Iron Butt Cole Hastings
Honorary Golden Hiney Jim Svedise
Best of Show Kevin Desirello
harlankatz01
Roadster Nut

Post by harlankatz01 »

Thank you to everyone that supports the show and enjoys it every year. It is a pleasure seeing each and everyone of you. This years show was more intimate than in years past. We also had a new location in Solvang. I think most people liked this area better than in years past. I hope you are looking as forward to next years show as I am. Contact me with comments or questions. Harlan@hkassociates.com or 818.495.4890. See you next year.
theunz

Post by theunz »

Harlan, thank you for taking the time to post all the results and for putting on the show. Congratulations to all the trophy winners.
Mike M

Old enough to know better, too old to remember why!

1969 2000 solex mine since 1972, under resurrection. (Finally resurrected as of spring 2019!)
1969 Porsche 911s -worth more, but not as valuable! Gone!
2017 Lotus Evora 400 - Oh my!!
Solex68
Site Supporter

Post by Solex68 »

Harlan,
I wanted to take a moment to express my heartfelt gratitude for all your efforts in leading the show once again this year. Your dedication and hard work never fail to amaze me and you do it with humor to boot.

I also want to extend my appreciation to everyone who contributes to making the event a success, including those whose names I don't know. The support we get, especially from the Desirello family, is invaluable. Their kindness and willingness to lend a hand throughout the entire weekend truly make a difference. Plus, their passion for Datsun roadsters adds an extra layer of camaraderie to the event.

Thank you, Harlan, and to everyone involved, for another memorable year. Your contributions do not go unnoticed and are deeply appreciated.
Laguna Hills, CA
68 2000
harlankatz01
Roadster Nut

Post by harlankatz01 »

Good Morning everyone. The pics are posted on www.solvangroadstershow.wordpress.com. from the Solvang Datsun Roadster Classic on April 27th.
I'll be adding more pics also.
Solex68
Site Supporter

Post by Solex68 »

harlankatz01 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:21 am Good Morning everyone. The pics are posted on www.solvangroadstershow.wordpress.com. from the Solvang Datsun Roadster Classic on April 27th.
I'll be adding more pics also.
It took me a minute to see them on the page.
2024 Show Photos:https://solvangroadstershow.wordpress.c ... o-gallery/
2024 Show Winners List: https://solvangroadstershow.wordpress.c ... ticipants/
Thanks Harlan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Laguna Hills, CA
68 2000