General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

RHale
Roadster Newby
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

American Dash Cap Issue

Post by RHale »

This info is a heads-up for anyone thinking of purchasing a roadster dash cap from American Dash Cap in Meridian, ID.

I purchased the dash cap on 3/5/2024, shipping was fast and the packaging was first class.

Issue was when the cap when centered around the clock, the fix around gauges and light switch was way off. Overall left to right was good. After 6 emails with video, pictures and requested measurements from American Dash Cap along with 3 phone calls, communication as gone silent.

Based on experience, be careful when doing business with American Dash Cap.
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: American Dash Cap Issue

Post by Gregs672000 »

Welcome. Sorry to hear of your troubles... pretty frustrating I'm sure. I hope it ultimately gets resolved. We have a few vendors who may offer options, and there are some pretty talented folks here who may give you other options, if not for this, perhaps other stuff. I certainly have been amazed at what some folks can do!

Thanks for the heads up. Good luck!
:smt006
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
RHale
Roadster Newby

Post by RHale »

Thanks Greg, plan is to keep everyone updated on the progress or lack of. Stay tuned.
RHale
Roadster Newby

Post by RHale »

Update on my post: American Dash Cap still has not responded to my phone calls or emails.
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by Gregs672000 »

I've often said... customer service is what I value. Sucks when it's lacking. The only cavort I have is, if it's a small family owned business, sometimes things happen that nobody can plan for. Or maybe they suffered some calamity. Other than that, when things go wrong (and sometimes they do!) it's how they handle it that matters to me. Last summer I had to have a custom set of pistons pins made after I had one shatter. Somehow the order got lost, and there was a wait time for custom machining that had already gone by. After I called and asked about my order ("Order, what order?") the sales person who found the error appologized, then hand walked it to the shop and requested an expedited service (three days instead of two weeks), which they accomplished, and shipped them 2 day to me no extra cost. Yes, it cost me some time, but I wasn't upset because they took care of the issue.
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA