Keyless ignition

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

dbrick
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: Keyless ignition

Post by dbrick »

Alvin wrote:i have an idea that is waaaay better than keyless ignition....get your roadster running already!
So, what is the idea? I have to pull the engine again and get the diesel trans in, then it gets started.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
Bigtaku
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Bigtaku »

Waking up this thread. I have the EASYGUARD Keyless ignition and alarm system I'm putting in my Datsun. Found it on Amazon. I will let you know how it goes. I am going to try to do the wiring even though they recommend having a pro do it.
61CFE6qz1EL._SL1001_.jpg
The door lock actuators are going to be a tight fit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael Montez
Tom310s
Forum Newb

Post by Tom310s »

There's basic ones on the wish app they are only like $30
syopap
Roadster Nut

Post by syopap »

I would like to introduce Motogadget m.unit blue as one possibility of Roadster's keyless ignition system.
As you may know if someone is rebuilding old motorcycles, this is a breakthrough tool for wiring rebuilding of old motorcycles.
I took advantage of this tool to restore my 1983 BMW R80RT. The feature of this tool is that there is almost no need to use fuses and relays.
Turn signal, horn, headlight, starter / kill etc can be managed in one unit, blinking pattern of the position lamp light / dark and turn signals can also be selected, further security alarm setting is also possible. You can operate all of these operations from the smartphone app.
With a smartphone linked with m.unit blue by Bluetooth you can go to standby by keyless just by getting close to the car. (It is also possible to use it together with an ignition key)
I think that this can be diverted to Classic cars
For those who want to know more,
https://motogadget.com/shop/en/m-unit-blue.html
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C0Zenx ... sp=sharing
ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by ppeters914 »

syopap wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:20 pm I would like to introduce Motogadget m.unit blue as one possibility of Roadster's keyless ignition system.
As you may know if someone is rebuilding old motorcycles, this is a breakthrough tool for wiring rebuilding of old motorcycles.
I took advantage of this tool to restore my 1983 BMW R80RT. The feature of this tool is that there is almost no need to use fuses and relays.
Turn signal, horn, headlight, starter / kill etc can be managed in one unit, blinking pattern of the position lamp light / dark and turn signals can also be selected, further security alarm setting is also possible. You can operate all of these operations from the smartphone app.
With a smartphone linked with m.unit blue by Bluetooth you can go to standby by keyless just by getting close to the car. (It is also possible to use it together with an ignition key)
I think that this can be diverted to Classic cars
For those who want to know more,
https://motogadget.com/shop/en/m-unit-blue.html
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C0Zenx ... sp=sharing
Oh, my.....very cool. Wait 'til Curtis sees this!
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
Mattk
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 2000

Post by Mattk »

Oooooooo🤩. Me likey.

I’ve been looking around for a push button factory style for awhile. I’ve even been thinking of building my own. I’ve seen the ones from painless, ididit and the China crap (albeit there probably all china crap🙄) ect and this one looks really intriguing. I’m gonna take a closer look at this one.

Thanks

Matthew
MattK
Mattk

Post by Mattk »

So I’ve done some research on the Moto m.unit blue. I’m really digging on the little box. It’s designed primarily for custom bikes and has some cool features.
Built in flashers, short circuit protection, Bluetooth keyless ignition system, it can do one wire brake lights, you can set the flashering type and much more. It seems a bit pricey but it’s made in Germany so that is to be expected. But after doing some math on the cost of an alarm and keyless system and the relays and wiring it replaces it actually is a money saver😳🙄.
I found a shop in Austin that is using these on their custom bike, Revival Cycles

shop.revivalcycles.com/motogadget-m-unit-blue/

These guys seem to really like the unit. Reviews, of course taken with a grain of salt, have been good and favorable. The keyless system is a bit twitchy but is getting update often. That’s another good feature, the system has this ablity to be update with changing technology.

As for using in a car; well these guys know of builder putting them in dune buggies and even a golf cart but not on road cars. I’m am still figuring out how I’m going to integrate this into the roadster but I think I will be something that will work for my particular build.

I will update in this or my thread as I move forward.

Cheers

Matthew
MattK
Mattk

Post by Mattk »

Well guys it’s been almost two years but I went done and did it! I just purchased a mo.unit blue after working to design a from scratch electrical system for the roadster. I really like this thing and it’s so tiny. I will update in my build as progress is made.
5478C7BF-F67B-41A1-B82F-E6C93888B144.jpeg
DA17E4DA-BA58-4494-9FAE-2DB95A4FE5EE.jpeg

Also got the mo.lock and micro key.

434AA817-DCE5-472C-8CED-4CA1083100A1.jpeg
D7A0ED55-789B-4C2E-8132-F0D6C8A21CC9.jpeg
Cheers

Matthew
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MattK
redroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by redroadster »

If it has the original alt. It's not recommended. To use integrated circuitry devises
Datsun dealer tech 76 to 87
Mitsubishi tech 9 yrs
Volvo, Kia, Toyota too
6 month - Rolls Royce
ASE MASTER TECH 96. - 11
70 SPL 86 Z31 T , Sportster
Mattk

Post by Mattk »

redroadster wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:37 am If it has the original alt. It's not recommended. To use integrated circuitry devises
Pretty sure its going to be okay with a KA24DE-T, just sayin"
MattK