General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Lorna c
Site Supporter

Finder mirrors are on !

Post by Lorna c »

:lol:
IMG_20170329_124404348.jpg
Got my new finder mirrors on today ! I love them . Tried to follow Japan's specks of placement for them . Coming together nicely . Boy it was hard to drill into this car and new paint . But I think the results are fantastic . My friends are sick of hearing everything I do to it so I'm sharing it with other Roadster phonetics . Hope I did the car justice .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Re: Finder mirrors are on !

Post by Lorna c »

Sorry on the repeat pics

Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Post by Alvin »

Lorna c wrote::lol:
Tried to follow Japan's specks of placement for them
Where did you get your Japanese specs for placement? They look placed extremely forward and should be close to where the antenna is:

Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
Vinnyz
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Vinnyz »

Alvin wrote:
Lorna c wrote::lol:
Tried to follow Japan's specks of placement for them
Where did you get your Japanese specs for placement? They look placed extremely forward and should be close to where the antenna is:

:shock: That's what I was about to ask! That looks more like S30 Z car placement distance.... :(
73' Datsun 240-Z turbo
70' Datsun SRL-311-1374-SR20det 6 speed
69' Datsun SRL-311-12334-Solex 44 w/B cam
07' BMW Z4 coupe-Daily
jfunkdelicious
Site Supporter

Post by jfunkdelicious »

What color is that? Looks like a matte plum color - am I right?
1967.5 Datsun Roadster 1600
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

Phonetically speaking, I guess I AM a fanatic.
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
bakerjf
Site Supporter

Post by bakerjf »

I admire your courage - I'm way too chicken to drill into my fenders. I think the stock mirror placement on the export Roadsters is fairly useless if your six feet tall or so.
J. Baker
Lafayette, CA
'69 2000 (Solex)
RCMike
Roadsteraholic

Post by RCMike »

They look like the Z mirrors.. So that might just work out just right. Based on the color choice, I doubt "correct" is a major concern. Make it yours!!!
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

Screenshot_20170327-174628.png
On line . Looked at a lot of different pictures of them and I prefer them forward . But they work good . Only you can't adjust them in your seat . haha but as the spelling . Yeah I suck and my new phone can't get what I mean yet . Cheated in elementary spelling . haha anyways the color is. Vintage burgundy metallic flatz . I just got the last coat on and someone hit me and took off . Ergh . Denting the back driver's side under the light corner . Bashed it in about an inch and half . I noticed it washing it down . The paint stayed the shape of the car and the metal crushed in . It was kinda hard to notice because paint stayed put. Boy I was livid . I fixed it already though kinda . I bopped it out and put gasket maker over the paint to keep from rusting until I can get some more paint . Looks ok . U can't notice until you look for it . But I like it better than the red/orange it was . Tooooo many that color . I matured it up a bit . I like the darker though .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

Seems like maybe it's the z series spot but I like the look . And na m not totally into how they came over . Then it would be blue . It's original with some perks like no am raido anymore but Bluetooth stereo I ran some different colored interior lights and underglow I got to have underglow. haha and what else ,,,,, and the bullet mirrors , I have a winkmirror and a bear foot gas pedal . Product of the 70-80 I am . haha and when I had this car in the 80s I had these things in the car . Oh I have a gulfball stick shift knob I made too . haha fits perfectly in my hand . That's about I changed . I'm already home from my second trip after breaking in the motor . It did great ! Ran like a champ if I say so myself . Oh I caught fire the day I left on last Thursday . The fuel line popped off and caught fire . Like flames fire . I pulled off quickly , and after going "what NO". I ripped off my jacket and snuffed out the fire . Assess the damage , and besides melting the choke cable plastic covers , no damage . Thank God . I just finished rumble ! that's his name . But that was quite a rush . I was one of those cars on the side of the road that's a blaze and you say , oh man that sucks .. but I got it out .. whew . Full week I've had . Oh and can you work on your motor with those mirrors placed up more ? Seemed to not be to convenient up some . Anyway I thought I was doing good with the placement . Till now . haha na , I like them there and I saw the specks and didn't go too much further . I do like them up more though . Anyways I had to fill and smooth old holes and it turned out good so I figured if I mess up , I'll be painting again soon for the hit and run so I'd fix it then . haha . But the body came out pretty smooth so I have some skills in body work . Isn't that Roadster thing coming up soon in Salinas or something?

Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Post by Alvin »

Lorna c wrote:Isn't that Roadster thing coming up soon in Salinas or something?
Solvang

The Solvang Datsun Roadster Show is April 21:

Register your roadster, I would like to see you and your roadster in person!

Go to this website for more information on the show:
https://solvangroadstershow.wordpress.com/

Let us know if you need help!
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

Yep, your reference drawing is for a "Z". It's your car and as long as you like it, enjoy it!
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
C.Costine
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by C.Costine »

Lorna, did you brush a little primer paint on the bare edges of the holes before mounting the mirrors? If not it would be worth removing them to do it in order to prevent rust from creeping in under your new paint.
located in Chester NH
1967 1600 in restoration
2013 Arctic Cat F-1100 turbo
Ford F-350 6.0
Ford 9000 puller, Ford 960 puller, Ford 901show, Ford 971 worker, Oliver 70 waiting its turn
bikermike
Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by bikermike »

Several us carry a fire extinguisher in our cars. It might be something for you to consider. Glad you were able to put out the fire with your jacket.
-Mike
1967.5 SPL311
1972 240z / L28
2003 BMW 525i Touring
2014 Jeep KL
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

Alvin wrote:
Lorna c wrote:Isn't that Roadster thing coming up soon in Salinas or something?
Solvang

The Solvang Datsun Roadster Show is April 21:

Register your roadster, I would like to see you and your roadster in person!

Go to this website for more information on the show:
https://solvangroadstershow.wordpress.com/

Let us know if you need help!
Well that's odd or there's another Lorna out there in Roadster land . Which could be . But it's saying I'm already a name in registration or on the sight or something like that . So I couldn't register yet . I tried though . Don't have time today to play ,who's the other Lorna . I'm trying to add courtesy lighting I got the door switches put in but I don't have a clue where I'm supposed to hook the lights up how to this thing, I know toggle switches but those are not the same that I can see anyway maybe they are. I'm stumped and every Google vid out there is basically adding into existing lights or like that . No one showed how and where to put the light wires to the switch . Ugh . I know it something to do with the circuit being completed when door open and shorted or something when closed . But where does the wires go ! haha my big question for the day . I have the switches drilled and sunk switch with a wire on the end of the boot thing that moves with button on the back side . Have wires all inside hidden nicely ,but , now what . haha . So .... Thinking on this all day trying to make sense of them . Interior courtesy lighting would be nice though . Hope I figure it out . Hey thanks for the tips on the holes and the thumbs up on the placement of them . I kinda like them like this on mine . I should be able to wash it soon for the first bath after paint . Not bad for a backyard paint job really . Only one husky hair landed onto wet paint . One . U should see him shedding RT now . Crazy lots . But I just hosed everything down before I painted and kept dogs in front till flash time done . I was amazed anyway. But hope I figure out that Lorna thing on that . Maybe when I registered the car it was the same ? Idk