Nardi Nardi!

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

andyroo
Roadster Fanatic

Re: Nardi Nardi!

Post by andyroo »

I've been looking for a good alternative cover plate for ages, something along the lines of the rubber accordion style you see on some cars. Let me know if you find anything. The wheel looks great!
1968 Datsun 1600
2005 MINI Cooper S
Zedyone_Kenobi
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Zedyone_Kenobi »

Linda wrote:I like the smaller wheel as well, it looks nice and is easier to steer too.
Are those Coco mats? Nice
Linda
yup, genuine coco mats. Love them. They are as well made as they say they are. Very heavy duty. Will probably outlast the roadster.
1971 240Z (94% done)
1968 2000 Roadster
dbrick
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by dbrick »

2 things,
Where did you find Coco Mats, and since Coco Chanel has passed, I'm afraid they are knockoffs.
PM Woody, he can make you any shift knob you want, even match the Nardi wheel emblem (and maybe the bogus Coco mats too). He does leather, wood, stone, you name it. Being Woody is still alive, rest assured it will be genuine.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
Zedyone_Kenobi
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Zedyone_Kenobi »

Well shoot.

I had idea that they were fake. I used https://www.cocomats.com/
You mean to tell me that those are fake as well? So my Nardi which I bought from http://www.nardi-personal.com/index.php?lang=en is fake,
and now my cocomat which I bought from www.cocomats.com is fake.

Let me think about that...

Nope, I will call shenanigans on this. They are called cocomats, sold by cocomats, I am calling them cocomats. IF they are called a nardi, sold by Nardi, and came from Italy, it is a Nardi.

I care not if they original owner operator is still alive. Companies outlive their original owners.

So yes, they are real cocomats, and they are the best quality cocomat I have ever seen. I have purchased several sets from 'catalogs' for my wives cars and they are all stiff and ill fitting.

www.cocomats.com sent me templates they had for the Datsun roadster, and I was able to modify it as I wanted for better fit, I was able pick the location of my foot pad, and then select the style, color and binding I wanted. They were not cheap floormats. If there is a better made cocomat today, I have not found it. And to be honest, it could not offer any better quality for the price I paid. If they cost more, I could not seeing it being worth it, and you would be paying for status, rather than actual quality.
1971 240Z (94% done)
1968 2000 Roadster
Stretch

Post by Stretch »

+1 on the coco mats, I have them in the roadster and two other cars. Thick rubber backing so sand etc. doesn't just fall right through, super heavy duty construction and perfect fit.

Not inexpensive but real nice period upgrade for the interior. They also make mats out of other materials such as sisel or hemp if you can't get past the fake/knockoff coco mat monicker.....
Paul
1968 SRL 01034
Seattle/Portland
edwinammon
Roadster Newby

Post by edwinammon »

will this work on a 1966? the grant 4581 kit?
andyroo
Roadster Fanatic

Post by andyroo »

dbrick wrote:2 things,
Where did you find Coco Mats, and since Coco Chanel has passed, I'm afraid they are knockoffs.
PM Woody, he can make you any shift knob you want, even match the Nardi wheel emblem (and maybe the bogus Coco mats too). He does leather, wood, stone, you name it. Being Woody is still alive, rest assured it will be genuine.
:lol:
1968 Datsun 1600
2005 MINI Cooper S
dbrick

Post by dbrick »

edwinammon wrote:will this work on a 1966? the grant 4581 kit?
Grant is dead, so no, sorry :D

Found 1, PM'd details

Let me know if you don't get it, I'll grab it for the East Coast Community Datsun Parts Stash

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
edwinammon
Roadster Newby

Post by edwinammon »

I just bought a grant steering wheel adapter kit 3571, it says it fits datsun sport coupe 1966-1967 on top of box. Cant wait to see if it fits on my 66. I also bought the forever sharp steering adapter. I think I will be doing a wood nardi wheel on mine.........