At what point do you sell a project? Advice needed

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

punkzdriver
Roadster Fanatic

Re: At what point do you sell a project? Advice needed

Post by punkzdriver »

jamesw wrote:No car is worth a relationship and I really mean that. I know there are a whole bunch of jokes about it but they're really just irony, not really funny/realistic. If you took the time to get married to someone and/or commit to children, that's worth many hundreds of thousands of $$$.

The thing about a project car is you have to put a LOT of time into it to get back a very small amount of money. Not worth it - sell as is - just take sure you take a LOT of photos, and if you can get get a complete inventory that helps a lot.

James
Agreed. Although I do see points to both arguments. I should be able to enjoy my hobby, on my time, and ideally with my family. My son is only 2yo, but I hoped to give him the car someday. I can also see wanting a project to focus on if I all of a sudden had more time to myself on my hands. But if getting rid of the car helped my marriage and allowed me to be with my wife and kids on an everyday basis, I would sell it in a heartbeat. There are plenty of projects to take on. But my wife and I both know our issues are not just because of the car.
Waiting for the bugs to be worked out...